Written by Paul Bui
Sunday, 17 February 2013 23:57
Final locations for Metrofinals are as follows:
- LD and Policy Metrofinals - March 1st and 2nd - Dominion High School
- PF and Student Congress Metrofinals - March 8th and 9th - Broad Run High School
- Speech Metrofinals - March 16th - Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- Note that in Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate, Varsity Public Forum Debate, and Student Congress (not Junior Varsity LD or PF Debate), the tournament is divided into Arlington and Washington in order to qualify students correctly for NCFL Nationals by Diocese. Be sure to register in your correct diocese.
- Note and follow all of the deadlines for each event - the deadlines are earlier than the traditional preliminary tournament deadlines. The deadlines are very soon!
- Note and follow the judge qualification standards and requirements for the metrofinal tournaments - the requirements are higher than those of the preliminary tournaments.
- Note that there are tournament fees for Metrofinals regardless of the membership plan you have selected. These must be paid at on-site registration for the metrofinal tournament.
- Pay any outstanding membership and penalty fees that you may have incurred throughout the season, etc. These must be paid by no later than on-site registration for the metrofinal tournament.Review all rules/guidelines presented in the metrofinal letters and the event-specific rules/bylaws available on wacfl.org.
The Metrofinal tournaments are open on tabroom.com. Please note that as detailed in the Student Congress letter, Student Congress Registration is not handled through tabroom.com - it is handled through the submission of legislation for each student as indicated in the letter and in accordance with the deadline indicated.